Search This Blog

Saturday 22 March 2014

Why I decided on Canon over Other Brands



As you all know, we were broken into in the beginning of the year and I had all my camera equipment stolen from me.

This gave me the ability to replace my camera equipment and gave me a chance to start over with what gear I wanted and what gear I needed.

I thought quite hard on what exactly I would need in terms of lenses and bodies but when it came to brand, I just couldn't decide whether to go Canon or Nikon.

A few things where integral in me eventually deciding on staying with Canon.

Firstly, brand loyalty.

I am a loyal consumer and being loyal I didn't want to leave the Canon brand, the guys at Canon had been very very good to me and I am part of CPS, which helps me quite a lot when I have some issues with my cameras.

Secondly, I had some equipment in my cupboards that wasn't stolen and if I moved brands then all the stuff in my cupboard would be rendered useless.

Thirdly, I managed to find myself a Second hand 400mm f/2.8 at a price I could afford and that pretty much sealed the deal for me.

Lastly, system. I am so used to working with Canon bodies and canon systems that if I had to change over it would mean hours and hours relearning basic operations which have become second nature to me.

Not the most amazing reasons to choose one brand over the other, its really more personal preference when it comes to the two brands and what would work best for you and your budget.

But if you were interested, you now know the reasons I stayed with Canon and didn't move over to Nikon

Kit List

Canon 1D MK III
Canon 6D + Battery Grip
Canon Ef 24-70mm f/4
Canon EF 17-40mm f/4
Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 NON IS
Canon 100mm f/2.8L Macro
Canon EF 50mm f/1.4
Canon EF 400mm f/2.8
Canon EF 2x Extender

With a whole range of accessories

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. Any crit or admiration would be appreciated.